We are looking to recruit ‘IT Tutors / Buddies’ for our Very Popular Twice Weekly Computer Group called ‘IT Connect’.
What is IT Connect?
‘IT Connect’ is a twice weekly computer group and, is part of our larger Peer Support Project called ‘AoD Connect’.
What is the group about?
- It’s a twice weekly computer group aimed at helping disabled people discover the digital world and become 21st Century Citizens
- The sessions are led and run by volunteers, who have a wide range of personal and professional experience and knowledge in IT.
You will teach / show them:
- The basics of using a computer
- How to Use Windows 10 Operating System.
- How to use email, internet, social media and Microsoft programmes
- How to master their laptops, tablets, smart phones
- What’s out there for them in the digital world.
- How to source, buy equipment, software and most things technology related.
As an additional service, we offer 1 to 1 tutoring sessions with a volunteer.
What am I looking for?
- Someone that is confident in their own level of computer skills
- Someone that has a wide knowledge of how a PC works and Microsoft Office Applications
- Someone that can use other devices, such as Laptops, Tablets, iPad’s and Smartphones.
- someone that is enthusiastic, likes to interact with others, and wants to make a real difference to others
- You don’t need to be a IT Expert, but if you are ‘BONUS’
What do we use?
- We use Windows 10 and Office 2016.
- We use PC’s with Large Print Keyboards, Easy Use Mouse.
- Each PC has a set of Speakers, Headphones and Webcam.
- Each PC has Window Eyes and NVDA (Screen Readers), should someone need to use it.
We Can Offer You:
- Disability Equality Training
- Out of Pockets Expenses (£5 for food and £5 for Travel).
- Ongoing Role Specific Training & Support.
Days: Every Thursday and Friday
Frequency: Mornings and Afternoons
Times: Morning Groups: 10.00 am until 12 noon – Afternoon Group: 2.00 pm until 4.00 pm
We Offer 1 to 1 sessions on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on the service users preferred day and time.
If you have any further questions or you would like to get involved then contact me directly, using my contact details below, or on the flyer
Andrew Farrow – Peer Support Volunteer – 0203 080 0384 – Peer.Support@actionondisability.org.uk
Information / Flyers
IT Tutor – Buddy Flyer – PDF
IT Connect Computer Group Flyer – PDF