Action on Disability’s business service directory helps local employers to navigate the Access to Work process. Our team are able to assist you in all aspect employing a member of staff with disabilities; from ensuring accessible interview techniques and form filling to identifying necessary adjustments to the role. Our services for employers include:
- Information and advice on how the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995 affects your business.
- Assistance to identify sources of equipment and support while waiting for Access to Work applications to be completed.
- Support with understanding the Access to Work process.
- Information and support with identifying and making reasonable adjustments to a job role, work placement, selection procedure etc.
- Information on accessible selection methods and techniques (application forms, tests, interviews)
- Information on the Business Case and benefits of employing disabled people.
- Information & advice on additional financial and practical support available to support disabled candidates during recruitment and employment.
- On-site job coaching support, if required, once candidate starts work to assist the transition into employment.
- Free advertising of your job vacancies to suitably qualified local candidates – helping you to access a talented pool of job seekers.