AoD, H&F DPC (Disabled Peoples Commission), and H&F Council worked together to put on a event aimed at Direct Payment Users in the borough to present the recent Review report that had been completed last year by RUILS (disabled peoples organisation), based in Richmond.
About the Event
We had 50 people at the recent event on The 24th September.
- The report of the recent direct payments review was presented at the event.
- The council acknowledged that the direct payment support you get often hasn’t been good enough in the last 6 years.
- Importantly: We heard the council commit to putting that right, and improving the way direct payments work in Hammersmith and Fulham.
- And it wants the Direct Payment peer support group to be an important part of that.
- Direct Payment Users were able to have their voices and views heard about the council service.
- Many people at the meeting said what had been wrong about direct payments and social care.
Accessing the Review Report
You can get this report on the internet
Easy Read Version
Download the review reports directly from this page
Ruils DP Review Main
Ruils DP Review Easy Read
Contact us on the telephone number or email address above to request a paper version.