Learn My Way Online Experience with Action on Disability (AoD)
Action on Disability would like to tell you about our Online IT / Learning Service called ‘Learn My Way’, which is part of our Larger AoDConnect (Peer Support Project).
Who is Eligible?
- Anyone with a disability, long term health condition and carers.
- Aged 18 and over
- Living in the Tri Borough or West London
What is Learn My Way?
Learn My Way is an Interactive Website that is designed to help you Learn New Skills and Develop yourself using Guided Courses and Quick Lessons.
You don’t even need to be confident in going online as one of our IT Tutors will support them through the process and help them become more confident.
You have 3 Choices:
- Option 1 = You could come along and access our Weekly IT sessions (AM and PM) on a Thursday or Friday (10.00am until 12.00 noon) or (2.00 pm until 4.00 pm) at our Office in Lillie Road, SW6 7SR. This way you could get support from one of our in-house AoD IT Tutors (there for them if they get stuck)
- Remember: doing this online experience at our office will give you the chance to meet new people, feel less isolated and feel comfortable in a safe, friendly place.
- Option 2 = You could book a space in our training room to use a PC for a couple of hours (Monday to Wednesday), (Thursday and Friday – depending on available space). All you would need to do is contact me directly to book a spot.
- Option 3 = You could even do this in your own home: if you’re housebound, not feeling well enough to venture out, or simply would rather access this service in the comfort of your own home. All you need is access to the internet and you have your own PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone.
What Can You Learn
Please see below the attached information sheet that tells you everything you’ll need to know about Our / Your NEW Online opportunities.
And the best parts about this is that it’s completely FREE, you can get Certificates to show for your work and you don’t have to do it alone.
So what do you do next?
All you have to do is simply contact me directly to tell me you’re interested and we’ll do the rest for you.
- Register you as one of our UK Online Centre Learners
- Create an account using your full name and postcode only.
- Create a username and password for you
- Send you all the details needed to access the website once you’ve been registered.
- Save your details on our secure system, just in case you forget them.
- Give you ongoing support if they get stuck using the website.
You don’t even need to do everything on the attached list; they can simply pick and choose what suits you. However – the more you try, the more you’ll learn
Why not check out the website at www.learnmyway.com and get an idea of what’s on there.
If you have any questions, or you’re not sure about anything, then simply contact me directly.
So, if you’re interested please contact me directly, using the details below.
Andrew Farrow – Peer Support Volunteer – 0203 080 0384 – Peer.Support@actionondisability.org.uk
Flyers and Information
MS Word Version
Learn My Way Online Flyer – Word
LMW – Courses Information
Learn My Way Online Flyer – PDF
LMW – Courses Information